Are you looking to ditch the plastic? Well bee’s wax wraps are the perfect alternative to cling wrap for wrapping up lunches, left overs and covering bowls.
Our Wrap Kits contains the ingredients to turn your cotton fabric into the perfect wraps, the kit will make up between 6 and 8 wraps depending on the size.
After much research we have added resin to our kits. The tree resin provides the flex in the fabric wrap and gives it extra sticking power and the Jojoba Oil given the wrap pliability to allow you to use them much like commercial plastic wraps.
Our Bees Wax Kit contains measured ingredients:
- Bees Wax a refined pharmaceutical grade Beeswax Pastilles sweet smelling, and a lemony-cream colour that that barely effects the colour of your fabric. This product meets and exceeds food-grade requirements.
- Tree Gum Resin is a dried and cleaned part of the resin obtained from pines and some other plants, mostly conifer trees. It is a brittle and transparent brownish or yellowish substance added to 'composition' to make the mixture elastic.
- Cold Pressed Jojoba Oil which makes the wrap pliable and smell lovely.
- A timber handled pastry brush
- Small timber stirrers
What you need:
- 100% cotton fabric to cut into suitable sizes
- A old large glass jar to use as a double boiler
- Some baking paper to put the wrap in the oven
- A stove top and oven
- Pegs and some where to hang the wraps outside to dry
- To use, just place over a bowl or container, wrap around food like cheese, or fold into a snack bag. The warmth from your hands will mould the wrap into the desired shape.
- They can be washed with cold water and a mild soap and hang to dry.
- Since they cannot be washed with hot water they are not recommended for meat
- Items like cheese, vegetables, fruits, nuts, sandwiches, etc. can be wrapped up.
- It is best not to wrap moist ingredients - the wraps don’t work well with ingredients with lots of liquid.
- Depending on how frequently they’re used, they can last for up to a year. After that all you need to so is re-wax them in order to keep using them.
- Wraps are not suitable with raw meat products. We suggest glass containers for short and long term storage.
We welcome local pick up and have post options are available Australia wide.