Terms & Conditions PLUS Studio Covid Policy
Updated 20 July 2023
All of our bookings are subject to the following:
STUDIO COVID POLICY (Updated 30 December 21)
Our Sewing Studio Sewing is subject to the current Queensland Government rulings for our business type which include:
1) No check in is required
2) Immunisation is not required
3) If you are booked for a class and the student or close any contacts test positive for Covid. Please contact Leesa by text on 0417 591 438. A follow up call and arrangements will be made dependent on the case.
4) If you are sick please do not attend your class. Please contact us.
This policy is inline with the trading terms of our small business category. As we are all aware these rulings are constantly changing and will continue to evolve as the rulings change
STUDIO TERMS & CONDITIONS
1) Course fees are required to be paid on booking prior to the class of course to secure your place. This is best done here on our website of phone assistance is available.
2) We offer secure credit card payments, Paypal checkout and Afterpay - a buy now pay later system. If you have trouble using any of these we can take payment over the phone.
3) If the course is cancelled by Sewing Adventures (i.e. minimum course numbers not reached) you may choose to receive either full 100% refund, or transfer payment to a later course or a credit note.
3a) If the course is cancelled by Sewing Adventures due to any Covid issues or with booked teachers not being able to travel then your course will be refunded in full.
4) If you are unable to attend a class or course it is vital that you contact us prior to the class start time so that we can start on time, with respect to the other students. We are a small business and expect you to call or message us.
5) Failure to attend on the first day of a course or class will result in loss of your course fees. In all of our courses and classes we have a duty of care for our students. Failure to attend the safety and course introduction of courses will make you ineligible for the course.
6) Our cancellation and class transfer policy is as follows and depends on your booking, timing and wait lists. On many occasions we have teacher fees to pay and hence our policy is clear in all situations. Please ensure you understand these terms prior to booking.
6a) Cancellations with four weeks notice or more, of the booking start date will be refunded less a 10% admin fee of the course cost. Transfer to another class, or a credit note is at your own discretion.
6b) Cancellations within two weeks (14 days) and four weeks (28 days) notice of the booking start date will be subject to us filling your place in the course. If we can find a replacement student your cancellation will be subject to a 20% admin fee. If we cannot fill your place there will be no refund or credit note.
6c) Cancellations under two weeks (14 days) of the booking start date are non refundable. If we can fill your booked place with another student we will offer you a credit note to the value of 80% of the class fee that will be valid for 3 months. If you can provide a doctors certificate a credit note will be issued for the course value less 10% Admin Fee.
7) All course changes are subject to a 10% fee to cover fees and administration.
8) On occasions photos may be taken of you using the studio or of the classes we host. Sewing Adventures reserved the right to use photos for promotional purposes and no remuneration will be given. If you do not wish this to occur please advise us in writing prior to the class.
9) No student can take photos or videos of classes, courses, teachers and students within our Studio without our permission. Personal still photos can be taken of your own work.
10) Our minimum age for our kids classes and courses is seven years old. Should you book your child into a class that is younger then you might be asked to stay and assist the child or be refused attendance without a refund. Our minimum age is based on a group of kids learning to sew in a safe and focused environment which is to the benefit of all our class students.
11) Any children coming to our classes or courses who have medical, learning or behavioral issues require approval from Sewing Adventures to attend. Support staff are welcome to assist.
12) Parents that leave their child for more than 10mins over the end of a class time will be charged $20 per half hour to cover the cost of teacher wages. Charges will accumulate in 30 min increments at the rate of $20 per 30 mins. The minimum charge is $20.
13) Sewing Adventures offers social sewing events that on occasion involve the serving of alcoholic drinks. Please consider your driving options if you plan on consuming alcoholic beverages. Consideration should also be given in regard to using a sewing machine or overlocker. Sewing Adventures accepts no responsibility for personal decisions regarding drinking, sewing and or driving. Attendees should consider their own position and regard for their personal safety.
14) With the use of equipment in The Studio it is essential that the student knows and understands how to use potentially hazard tools such as rotary cutters. In some classes and courses such tool will not able to be used without solid skills. Teachers will decide on whether the equipment is essential in the class and if students can use them in safe manner. Students using such tools inappropriately will be given a written safety warning.
15) Students that continue to act alone and ignore instruction will be given one written warning. Failure to abide by our policy that courses and class are inclusive of all, a team learning environment and value our positive team courses will result in removal of the course with no refund.
16) All Students that attend an Adult or Project Class or Course will be required to sign a Student Safety Waiver. This waiver to to protect The Studio and all Students from unsafe use of sewing machines and equipment. You can find a cope of the waiver here.
The Sewing Adventures Studio is a safe, fun and supportive environment for all.
LET"S SEW REWARD POINTS
Our Rewards program is a fully automated points system run through Smile.io and our website.
The program was established in May 2020 and we backdated our online sales into points for each customer.
As of 20/07/23 you will only earn points on the online purchase less the GST.
Our Points system includes
Our points program is subject to change. Points earnt can only be used on classes and courses not in studio sales and products.